Friday, April 6, 2012

You Are Good at things

So I have to let you know that I've not only been MIA from my blog but also from Pinterest, which is so much quicker and easier so that should speak to something. But I feel like I will be making a comeback as my school load is quickly reducing with the school year winding down. And what also is contributing to my comeback is the little book that I just picked up! It's called You Are Good at Thing by Andy Selsberg.



It's basically a checklist of all the things one could be good at, without ever having realized it. I laughed a little when the clerk took me to the self-help section but I suppose that makes sense. In that it's making you see things you are good at in a whole new light. So without further ado, here are a few from the first few pages that have sparked some thoughts. Stay tuned for more!


  • Knowing just how high you can toss a baby before it gets dangerous- Okay so maybe I'm not checking this one off, but it did make me chuckle because that is probably one of the ONLY things that attracts Brandon to children at all. The fact that he could totally freak me out by tossing it up into the air and catching it, preferably in places with sharp objects on the floor and perhaps fans spinning above.
  • Using Q Tips responsibly- I'd like to take this moment to let everyone know that while the package does instruct you NOT to use them in ears, but I have been able to use them in my ears for 22 years, responsibly. 
  • Announcing that you could make a salad at home for cheaper- Guilty. I am always going to restaurants or eating out in general and saying things under my breath because it's so darn expensive for someone else to make your food, but alas it's also so convenient. #realworldproblems right?

So with that being said, I'm signing off for the night. Feeling very rejuvenated about the blog world, and that fact that maybe I do have more to say.

2 comments:

  1. This is funny! I can totally see myself finding things in this book that apply to me and putting them on a job application. Such as "knowing and executing the most efficient way to load a dishwasher".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...this is cute! I definitely do the same thing about food being cheaper at home!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me whatcha think!