- I really do hate being cold, and as pretty as the snow is at my house in the mountains most time the snow turns to ice and is just stuck there, almost like a death trap awaiting it's next victem. It makes running outside complicated and well I'm from Hawaii it should be expected that I hate anything lower than 50 degrees.
- I hate having to plan and be with one set of people but being away from others. I'm close with my boyfriend's family so that totally stinks, and it's also strange because I spend 3/4ths of the year with my sisters at college but then don't get to see them over the holidays. Sometimes it seems like someone ends up let down.
- Getting too caught up in what the holiday's are not about. I'm not going to get into the whole religious affiliations and what not, but I think most people know what I mean. Too many gifts, not enough Christmas spirit. And hey if you don't know what I'm talking about then I really need to be more like you.
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
- Yoga pants- I need warm clothes to keep battling the cold to keep up my 4 miles.
- Target Sports Bras
- Extension cord/ New battery for my Mac Computer
- New gloves and head band for running
- Necklaces and accessories (I know these are hard to pick for others so I will happily accept gift cards)
- Chocolate Sheets
- Green water purifier
- New sweaters (these also fall in the category of gift cards lol)
- New sneakers ( I don't exactly need these, but I love the NikeFree I believe is what they are called.
Sunday, December 5, 2010
- I have noticed that come December 15th the prices drastically drop because those stores have to move their merchandise before Christmas.
- If at all possible wait until after Christmas for the silly stuff because for sure that's also going to be on sale.
- Don't turn your nose up at consignment stores, you can find great buys and alot of times things still have the tags on them!
- Always make a list! There is nothing worse then getting into the mall and realizing that you infact don't want to buy anyone on your list clothes or shoes...
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
- Advent Boxes: Back when I was a wee one my mom & dad created these boxes out of beer boxes. Mom covered them with gift bags, and every day we get to punch a hole that's numbered and get a present. Today I got a new work out shirt ;) I've passed the tradition on and my boyfriend now gets a box every year
- Christmas Photo: Every year my brothers and I have a theme that initially used to be decided by my mother, and is now decided by us. One year it was us on a surfboard, the next we all wore white wife beaters (I hate that they are called that) and stood all tough like in back of Dad's truck. It's a great tradition and so funny to look back on.
- Santa Gifts: Apparently I didn't know this was a tradition for our family in particular, but our Santa Gifts are always unwrapped. They are hand-delivered down the Chimney from the rosy man himself, and obviously they are such cool gifts that they can't be wrapped. They themselves hold the OOOOO factor of Christmas and this will be a tradition I pass down as well!
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Christmas time is around the corner, and I've started nice and early this year. I have lots of things I want to get everyone, but I also keep being asked what do you want?
Friday, October 22, 2010
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
the sweet stories shared about the fallen men who map your past.
Monday, October 4, 2010
101 in 1001
- Run 3 miles on a regular basis instead of 2
- Continue going to yoga/pilates
- Get into hiking or trail running
- Run the Cooper River Bridge 10 K!
- Swim a mile as my rule not the exception
- Try one cleansing / detox diet just to see what it’s like
- Find one other type of class I enjoy, Zumba, Jazzercize, etc.
- Use my drive to exercise to benefit others- participate in run/walks for non-profit organizations
- Go to at least one Crossfit session with Bran!
- Take and pass the Beach lifeguard physical portion exam
- Continue taking a multi-vitamin and bump it up with adding Vitamin C and possibly a few others
- Educate the new members we just brought through their new member period in order to leave behind a good legacy
- Sucessfully host the Greek 101 program for all Greeks
3.Confidently finish my Officer Term with a bit more assertiveness than before
4..Finish out with a 3.9 overall GPA
5. Get my Bachelor’s degree in Psychology
6. Get into the majority of the programs I applied to for Grad School
7.Obtain my Master’s Degree in College Student Development
8.Get a certificate in Leadership and Organization to better set myself up at as an asset to get hired
9. Learn to speak Thai
1. Get hired as a Head Guard at an outdoor pool
2. Teach private swim lesson full time one summer
3. Hold an assistantship the entire time I’m in Grad School
4. Get hired as a Greek Advisor
5. Find a job near where Bran is finishing his Doctorate
6. Be on an exec. Board at a college to get my foot in the door
7. Begin working my way up through a University that has opportunities for me to advise and organize student affairs programs
8. Write a small piece or column for a local magazine or newspaper
9. Give back in some way whether time or money to Tri-Sigma possibly as a chapter advisor somewhere but not at my own chapter
10. Make the big girl change to a BlackBerry to be able to manage everything on the go
- Start paying off my college loans (don’t incur too many during Grad School)
- Stash money to help with my brother’s college
- Get someone to give me a freaken credit card
- Save up enough to do DisneyWorld right
- Have at least $5,000.00 in savings
- Be able to send money when asked thru Alum Relations for Zeta Lambda
- Start a small savings account for a house down payment
1. Stop being such a chicken and take a baking class; to make cupcakes and cakes like I want to.
2. Make at least 2 meals at home a week
3. Make carrot cake from scratch
4. Make funny bone cake from scratch
5. Plant a garden and grow some of my own vegetables
6. Own my very own palm tree, even if it’s in a little pot
7. Get a kitten when I have a big girl apartment for Grad School
8. Learn to cook Chicken Melanesas
9. Become a bit more fashionable- add accessories!
10. Turn Sigma t-shirts into a quilt
11. Learn to sew well enough to make curtains and fix buttons
12. Buy a pink vacuum
13. Bump up my sheet thread count- ie price range when buying sheets
14. Have decent fingernails that I can actual paint
15. Frame a picture I took from Hawaii to use as a center piece for a room
1. Find more time for writing, blogging and composing
2. Stand up more often for the little things instead of waiting for a big issue to fight for
3. Discover more about Buddhism (possibly through visiting Thailand)
4. Volunteer at a soup kitchen or a clothing drive
5. Become a Big Sister through Big Brothers/Big Sisters
6. Finish my listography books
7. Stay in touch with my sisters via snail mail
8. Coach a little league soccer team
9. Teach the twins how to drive a stick shift
10. Learn to exhibit more on the outside what’s going on inside instead of assuming others know what I’m feeling without actually saying it
11. Hold others to the standards I hold myself
12. Strive to teach others through action and not lecture
1.Make a trip to visit all the schools we’ve applied to NC State, Chapel Hill, Tennessee, USC etc.
- Go back to The Big Island of Hawaii
3.Bring Bran to meet the family in Charleston, WV
4. Head to Denver, Colorado (maybe see a Bronco’s game)
5.Go to Fenway Park
6. Visit my Little in Saint Louis Missouri
7. Hike a small part of the Blue Ridge parkway
8. Take a cruise to some exotic tropical spot
9, Drive to Florida for a Vacation
10.Visit mile marker 1
13. Go back to Kentucky and see another Wildcats Game
14. Visit a Spanish speaking country
Pixie Dust Stuff
- Become Engaged to my Prince Charming
- Take professional pictures “fairy tale style”
- Go to a Denver Broncos Game
- Be kissed in Cinderella’s castle at Disney
- Eat more exotic fruits like mangos, kiwis and pomegranates
- Decorate a room all by myself
- Own a blender for smoothies
- Make a CD for family of guitar playing and singing
- Own a yellow pair of rain boots
- Get monogrammed towels!
- Spend a whole evening in a book store getting a bunch of books I’ve always wanted to read but never had the time
- Get certified in Scuba Diving
- Bring Bella back from Mim and Pops
- Ride on the back of a motorcycle just to see what it’s like
- Get a specific perfume
- Have a fish tank with some exotic fish
- Buy a pair of skinny jeans to wear with boots
- Go to a wedding! I’ve only ever been to my parents renewal of vows
- Go out in a rain jacket and rain boots and stomp in a really really huge puddle
- Find the love notes from Bran from my summer away at camp
- Start a DVD collection
- Own and play the piano again. Possible compose again as well.
- Spend one entire day really and truly playing hooky
- Learn to water ski/ go tubing
- See a white Christmas
- Get a set of those tumbler cups with my initials in them
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
2) If you could go anywhere in the world for an entire week with your girlfriends, where would you go and why?
3) What persona were you in high school: Miss Popular, The Sporty Girl, The Book Worm, Etc.
4) Have you ever been stereotyped in any way? What did you have to do to overcome that stereotype – or are you still struggling with it?
5) What’s your favorite song of all time?
6) What’s your favorite holiday and why?
7) If you could change one thing about yourself (body, personality, abilities, etc) what would it be and why?
8) What is something that makes you feel incredibly feminine?
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Thursday, September 2, 2010
I have putting this off all summer. Well actually I suppose a better more honest way to phrase that is that I have been working towards this moment all summer. But I'm not sure I'm ready. But I hit send anyways.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
I'm going to start this off with the fact that it just took me almost an hour to get onto this darn thing and now I can't even remember what I was going to blog about.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Upon arrival at my house from an amazing get away with the boyfriend, I was pepper-sprayed with things I had to do and it hit me directly in the forehead just how quickly summer has gone by. I have SO much to do before I head up north to drive 16 hours down with my best friend from New Hampshire to North Carolina.
Monday, August 9, 2010
Friday, August 6, 2010
After a forty five minute swim lesson, four red lights, and three minutes behind schedule I found myself laying with my palms pressing into my purple mat. I wiggled my toes and tried to find my happy place. Poo-lates for the second day in a row. I"m actually liking it quite a bit. Perhaps it's because it's 45 minutes of quiet stretching. QUIET being my favorite part...
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Waikoloa, It means wet duck. That's the direct translation of the Hawaiian word Waikoloa into English. I grew up in this village in the middle of lava fields. There's one road in and one road out. The older I got the more often I'd heard of an evacuation route being planned, but in the 17 years I was there the one road sufficed.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
I skipped a grade. 7th to be exact. Therefor I was in that moment given the clear and sufficient title of ALWAYS being the baby of the group. I was the last to drive, and actually the last one allowed to even leave the darn driveway! Here I am 20 years old and I'll be the last one to turn 21, as a SENIOR in college. *Woah, thats really weird to say.
Monday, July 26, 2010
I saw a bit of at intriguing trend going on with a few other blogs and decided to try it. They used a random Monday to disclose random facts about themselves... I'll give it a shot but I'm not promising anything
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Friday, July 23, 2010
Yup, once I finally acquire the patience and actually have the time to spend shaving my legs I realize that it was fairly quick and painless and I solemnly vow to do it much more often. Yet the next time I go to wear a skirt I'm reminded oops haven't shaved. Oh well I'll keep making the vow....
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Yup thats right, today I broke down and went all organic. Well okay, so it wasn't all organic but it was a big step for me. I'm a cardio loving, running, sprinting, swimming, lifting weights kinda girl. But I was thinking that since the ultimate goal is to not only tone but lengthen my muscles, (especially in the leg region) I would try pilates. Hence the title poolates.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
When my alarm went off for me to arise and head to the gym to run and lift before I started my long day, I cursed the drive that comes from within to workout! After throughly sweating through my tank top and capri pants, I began the real work day in the pool and as usual I finished there as well.