Saturday, September 11, 2010

Here's to the Dollhouse



Goodbyes are bittersweet and as the fall air comes to the mountains the aire of change is all around. I don't get home too often, but I came home to watch the loves of my life march and was incredibly impressed with the positive light that is here in my home and in the hearts of my family. They handle everything so well, with such resilience.

Hearts to heart regarding the closing date are difficult and short but necessary and at times relieving. Hopefully it'll be over soon, painless as possible. As the saying goes you never know unless you try and I personally don't see it as a failed attempt but somedays she does and others she doesn't.

It's hard and complicated but I know it's what's right. Today's a day to celebrate their accomplishments and marvel in how much they grew up even though I've only been gone 3 weeks. High school will do that.

Maybe this time isn't goodbye, but I know that's on the horizon. I'll squeeze my eyes and wish on that shooting star, or is it an airplane? Star light star bright I wish I may I wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight. Take us somewhere small and perfect. A tiny burden and let's push the restart button.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me whatcha think!