Wednesday, December 8, 2010

All I want for Christmas is Youuu

I'll have to make this kinda snappy, 2 hour long yoga starts pretty soon. I didn't get a chance to update yesterday so I'm going to squish days 7 & 8 together.

Day 7: Favorite DIY craft; all-right let's just set one thing straight. I am not very good at crafting but for the holiday's I did use to make an advent box. Now however they are currently being massed produced, but they used to look like this...


They are actually a beer box covered with wrapping paper, and a gift bag cut in half with slits cut out of it. Each hole has a number and you get to open one every day from December 1st-December 24th!

Crafting for gifts is always fun and a good money saver, especially being in collage. Everyone likes to get things with their initials on them, and puffy paint and iron on are a sorority girls best friend. Frames are also easy and so fun to personalize with paint, embellishments or just the photos you put inside. If you really want to win someone over monogram is always the best way to go, but that can get pricey and probably doesn't fall in the category of crafty.


Day 8: My least favorite things about the holidays
  • I really do hate being cold, and as pretty as the snow is at my house in the mountains most time the snow turns to ice and is just stuck there, almost like a death trap awaiting it's next victem. It makes running outside complicated and well I'm from Hawaii it should be expected that I hate anything lower than 50 degrees.
  • I hate having to plan and be with one set of people but being away from others. I'm close with my boyfriend's family so that totally stinks, and it's also strange because I spend 3/4ths of the year with my sisters at college but then don't get to see them over the holidays. Sometimes it seems like someone ends up let down.
  • Getting too caught up in what the holiday's are not about. I'm not going to get into the whole religious affiliations and what not, but I think most people know what I mean. Too many gifts, not enough Christmas spirit. And hey if you don't know what I'm talking about then I really need to be more like you.

I think that's all for tonight. I have 2 finals left and then I'll be home for a whole month. I'm looking forward to not having any work hanging over my head, and I'll be one month closer to finding out about Grad school stuff.
Happy Hump Day <3>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me whatcha think!