Okay so red is accomplished, and I figured before I started my New Years Resolution list I needed to check in with this list. Stay tuned for the resolution, and hopefully updates regarding getting more of these finished!
101 in 1001
- Run 3 miles on a regular basis instead of 2; For the past month, I've ran at least a 5k when I run =)
- Continue going to yoga/pilates
- Get into hiking or trail running
- Run the Cooper River Bridge 10 K!
- Swim a mile as my rule not the exception
- Try one cleansing / detox diet just to see what it’s like
- Find one other type of class I enjoy, Zumba, Jazzercize, etc.
- Use my drive to exercise to benefit others- participate in run/walks for non-profit organizations
- Go to at least one Crossfit session with Bran!
- Take and pass the Beach lifeguard physical portion exam
- Continue taking a multi-vitamin and bump it up with adding Vitamin C and possibly a few others
- Educate the new members we just brought through their new member period in order to leave behind a good legacy: Members have been educated, and my term has officially finished.
- Successfully host the Greek 101 program for all Greeks: I think this was sucessfully hosted and completed, October 23rd.
3.Confidently finish my Officer Term with a bit more assertiveness than before: I officially handed over my position December 7th, 2010. I think I'm more assertive...
4..Finish out with a 3.9 overall GPA
5. Get my Bachelor’s degree in Psychology
6. Get into the majority of the programs I applied to for Grad School
7.Obtain my Master’s Degree in College Student Development
8.Get a certificate in Leadership and Organization to better set myself up at as an asset to get hired
9. Learn to speak Thai
1. Get hired as a Head Guard at an outdoor pool
2. Teach private swim lesson full time one summer
3. Hold an assistantship the entire time I’m in Grad School
4. Get hired as a Greek Advisor
5. Find a job near where Bran is finishing his Doctorate
6. Be on an exec. Board at a college to get my foot in the door
7. Begin working my way up through a University that has opportunities for me to advise and organize student affairs programs
8. Write a small piece or column for a local magazine or newspaper
9. Give back in some way whether time or money to Tri-Sigma possibly as a chapter advisor somewhere but not at my own chapter
10. Make the big girl change to a BlackBerry to be able to manage everything on the go
- Start paying off my college loans (don’t incur too many during Grad School)
- Stash money to help with my brother’s college
- Get someone to give me a freaken credit card
- Save up enough to do DisneyWorld right: This is an almost, I will be going to Disney in May but it has been financed through someone else so I'm not sure how this one will be dealt with...
- Have at least $5,000.00 in savings
- Be able to send money when asked thru Alum Relations for Zeta Lambda
- Start a small savings account for a house down payment
1. Stop being such a chicken and take a baking class; to make cupcakes and cakes like I want to.
2. Make at least 2 meals at home a week
3. Make carrot cake from scratch
4. Make funny bone cake from scratch
5. Plant a garden and grow some of my own vegetables
6. Own my very own palm tree, even if it’s in a little pot
7. Get a kitten when I have a big girl apartment for Grad School
8. Learn to cook Chicken Melanesas
9. Become a bit more fashionable- add accessories!; I just went out with Christmas money and got sweaters and some fashionable accessories.
10. Turn Sigma t-shirts into a quilt
11. Learn to sew well enough to make curtains and fix buttons
12. Buy a pink vacuum
13. Bump up my sheet thread count- ie price range when buying sheets
14. Have decent fingernails that I can actual paint
15. Frame a picture I took from Hawaii to use as a center piece for a room
1. Find more time for writing, blogging and composing
2. Stand up more often for the little things instead of waiting for a big issue to fight for
3. Discover more about Buddhism (possibly through visiting Thailand)
4. Volunteer at a soup kitchen or a clothing drive
5. Become a Big Sister through Big Brothers/Big Sisters
6. Finish my listography books
7. Stay in touch with my sisters via snail mail
8. Coach a little league soccer team
9. Teach the twins how to drive a stick shift
10. Learn to exhibit more on the outside what’s going on inside instead of assuming others know what I’m feeling without actually saying it
11. Hold others to the standards I hold myself
12. Strive to teach others through action and not lecture
1.Make a trip to visit all the schools we’ve applied to NC State, Chapel Hill, Tennessee, USC etc.
- Go back to The Big Island of Hawaii
3.Bring Bran to meet the family in Charleston, WV
4. Head to Denver, Colorado (maybe see a Bronco’s game)
5.Go to Fenway Park
6. Visit my Little in Saint Louis Missouri
7. Hike a small part of the Blue Ridge parkway
8. Take a cruise to some exotic tropical spot
9, Drive to Florida for a Vacation
10.Visit mile marker 1
12. Go back to Kentucky and see another Wildcats Game
13. Visit a Spanish speaking country
Pixie Dust Stuff
- Become Engaged to my Prince Charming
- Take professional pictures “fairy tale style”
- Go to a Denver Broncos Game
- Be kissed in Cinderella’s castle at Disney
- Eat more exotic fruits like mangos, kiwis and pomegranates
- Decorate a room all by myself
- Own a blender for smoothies
- Make a CD for family of guitar playing and singing
- Own a yellow pair of rain boots; For our 3 year anniversary Bran got me a pair of these!
- Get monogrammed towels!; Same here =)
- Spend a whole evening in a book store getting a bunch of books I’ve always wanted to read but never had the time
- Get certified in Scuba Diving
- Bring Bella back from Mim and Pops
- Ride on the back of a motorcycle just to see what it’s like
- Get a specific perfume
- Have a fish tank with some exotic fish
- Buy a pair of skinny jeans to wear with boots; Over fall break in October 2010 I bought a black pair, LOVE THEM!
- Go to a wedding! I’ve only ever been to my parents renewal of vows
- Go out in a rain jacket and rain boots and stomp in a really really huge puddle
- Find the love notes from Bran from my summer away at camp
- Start a DVD collection
- Own and play the piano again. Possible compose again as well.
- Spend one entire day really and truly playing hooky
- Learn to water ski/ go tubing
- See a white Christmas; Christmas 2010 was DEFINITELY a White Christmas. We were in West Virginia and there was 3-6 inches on the ground and more falling =)
- Get a set of those tumbler cups with my initials in them