Thursday, July 22, 2010

Poo-lates


Yup thats right, today I broke down and went all organic. Well okay, so it wasn't all organic but it was a big step for me. I'm a cardio loving, running, sprinting, swimming, lifting weights kinda girl. But I was thinking that since the ultimate goal is to not only tone but lengthen my muscles, (especially in the leg region) I would try pilates. Hence the title poolates.

Lets just say first off I made the mistake of telling the instructor I was nervous for the class. She then proceeds to introduce me to the 7 old ladies who are 'regulars' and I'm left smiling and turning a putrid shade of red. Once the initial embarrassment is over I take my seat or shall I say position and the class begins. Now the class itself wasn't too bad. I can't usually take yoga seriously but this was quick movements and I could feel my core working. I'm debating going back next week but I'm just not sure it's for me.
At the end of the 45 minutes the instructor of course notified that class that I had been worried and I heard a few chuckles running through the run. Cut out the entering and exiting on embarrassing notes and the class was all-right.

I was a bit bummed that I didn't work out before hand because afterwards I definitely felt like I could keep going. On a happier note the quest to avoid dessert went well today and I snacked on graham crackers with soy milk.


The image I posted with this seems very Zen like. It's from when I was in the Bahamas with the boyfriend. Oom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me whatcha think!