Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Elf4Health Overdue Recap

     For anyone who follows me on Twitter and Instagram you know that I've been participating in an Elf for Health Challenge. There is a daily challenge and you are paired with another random elf for encouragement and kind messages throughout the month. Tomorrow I am participating in a blog hop and will be featuring a blog from another elf. For those who are curious what all the challenges have been I thought I would give a quick run down. You should definitely go check out Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean and Elle at Nutrionella who are hosting the challenge. They have great work outs and recipes. (And I'm hoping for challenges even after the holidays!)
I've really enjoyed getting to chat with fellow elves about running and blogging, and I'm learning a whole lot!
    newsletter header Elf for Health Holiday Challenge
Week 1
  •    Go Meatless- This might have been the hardest challenge! In our house we eat bacon by the pound, and by dinner I was craving red meat. I was able to stay strong, but this was a tough day! It was a great way to kick off the challenge though, because I knew I could do anything if I could do this.
  •     Unsubscribe- This was probably one of the greatest challenges as I kept doing it throughout the month!
  •    Try a new work out-  I picked this one from The Lean Green Bean! Fast 4 & Core Running & Ab Workout
    Displaying photo.JPG
  •    Call someone and tell them your gratefu
  •    Track your water intake- This was WAY harder than you would think. We were aalso traveling home from Thanksgiving, which made for MANY stops. I ended up ddrinking 80liter. My goal was 100 but I think I might have burst.
  •     Treat yourself to something you've been wanting- We got our very first Christmas tree!!
  •    100 burpees!- This was rough, especially because Sundays are typicalyl my day off. But in keeping with the challenge, I did it. I did 10 on the minute every minute and used a rack of dumbells to keep track of my count. 



                                                                                                                       Week 2
    Displaying photo.JPG
  •    Send a hand written note- My students and I wrote a bunch of notes for people as we were working towards finals!
  •    Eat the rainbow
  •    Go make up free- I didn't realize how much of a crutch my foundation was, but I made sure to wear a nice dress so all was well.
  •    Workout with a buddy- My good elf friend Katie has been also doing the challenges, so I corralled her to come over at 6am and we did another Lean Green workout. http://www.pinterest.com/pin/68961438018153031/
  •    Leave an operation beautiful note- This was a great time and I left notes all around the Union. 
  • Clean out pantry and fridge- Our fridge is typically pretty empty by Saturdays, but I was able to clean out the baking cabinets which was a great time.
  •    Make a list of 20 things you're grateful for

Week 3
    Displaying photo.JPG
  •   Do a circuit workout- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/68961438018152975/
  •   Pay it forward
  •   Pack a healthy snack-  I brought some bags of my favorite popcorn from Trader Joes, for the office
  •   Take some time for yourself- I slept in til 6:30am! I haven't done that on a work day since before I started training for my half.
  •   Run a mile as fast as you can- I'm not convinced I couldn't run faster, but me and the dread mill met at 545am and I ran a mile in, 7:42. 
  •  Clean out closet- I live in a perpetual state of going through my closet because I dislike so many of my clothes, but the hubby and I were still able to come up with some things to donate.
  •   Meal Plan for the week

                                                                                                            Week 4
    Displaying photo.JPG
  •     Get up early to meditate 
  •     Hold a wall sit as long as possible
  •     Share your expertise-  Stay tuned for a guest post later this week! Eliza over at MCM Mama (http://mcmmamaruns.com/)  will be bringing us a fabulous post about drinking beer and living a fit lifestyle.
  •     Eat at least 3 food groups at every meal today
  •     Share 6 things you love about yourself
  •     Set a new fitness goal
  •     Make a donation 
(This photo has nothing to do with the challenge but yesterday was a GREAT day. I got this amazing shirt that says "Run Long and Eat more Cupcakes".)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me whatcha think!